Preserving our past.......looking forward to our future!
Area Historical Museum
Displays of local artifacts, photos, and books.
Country store exhibit, old tools and more!
GREATER RUMFORD AREA
Books for Sale
• A History of Rumford, Maine, 1774 to 2000 by John Leane. Updated from 1974 to 2000 by Elliot Burns. Easily readable history of Rumford with over 100 pictures. Hard Cover: $27.00 plus $7.00 shipping & handling.
• A Pictorial History of Rumford, Maine, 1770 to 1940 by the Rumford Historical Society. Ninety-seven pages of Rumford history with over 200 pictures with captions. This popular volume is in its second printing. Soft Cover: $21.00 plus $7.00 shipping & handling.
• Rumford Stories: Author: Linda MacGregor. A collection of short stories and photographs about Rumford people from interviews conducted by the author. Soft Cover: $10.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling.
• The Oxford Story: Author: John Leane. A definitive history of the Oxford Paper Company from 1847 to the late 1980's. Soft Cover: $2.00, Hard Cover: $5.00 plus $7.00 shipping & handling.
Combined Sale of All 4 Books Above: $50.00 plus $12.00 shipping and handling.
• Jonathan Adams Bartlett: Author: Dr. Martin. $10.00 plus $7.00 shipping & handling.
• New Pennacook Folks: Author: Stuart Martin. An excellent history of early Rumford with genealogies of the first families. Hard Cover: $37.00 plus $7.00 shipping & handling.
• Rumford Historical Notecards with envelopes (pkg. of 10) with views of old Rumford. $8.00 plus $7.00 Shipping & Handling.
• Rumford Historical Postcards (pkg. of 6). $2.00 plus $5.00 shipping & handling.
• Historic Rumford Falls, Illustrated Walking Tour by Curtis Rice. $2.00 (if available) plus $5.00 shipping & handling.
Send check or money order to:
Rumford Historical Society
145 Congress Street
Rumford, ME 04276